Obtaining information from authorised officers

Estimated reading: 1 minute 9 views

Usually, authorised officers are required to provide you with their name, and advise you of their status as an authorised officer. For example, if an authorised DSE officer asks for your name and address, they must also provide you with proof of their identity if you ask ( FA s 95B, SPLA s 17(6)). Similarly, an authorised DSE officer cannot direct you to leave a public safety zone without first showing you proof of their identity and official status ( SPLA s 14).

Authorised Council officers must, if requested to do so, produce their identify card, which must contain their photo, their signature and the signature of a member of Council ( LGA ( s 224(4)).