Activist Rights

Directions to leave to the area

Estimated reading: 1 minute

A police officer/PSO can order you to leave a designated area if they reasonably believe that you are going to engage in affray or violent disorder (see common charges and offences) (section 10KA(2) Control of Weapons Act).

It is an offence to refuse an order to leave a designated area (section 10L(2) CW Act, 5 penalty units).

If a police officer orders you to leave an area they must tell you that the area has been declared a ‘designated area’.

See: Failure to comply

Share this Doc